Reflecting on my first year in my new role as a Teacher, here’s just a little of what I have learned.
2. Courage. Don’t be limited by your job description. Make a difference in any way you can.
3. Creativity. Think in new ways. Experiment with different ideas. Innovate.
4. Resilience. Rise above disappointments, complaints and people who work against you.
4. Empathy. Remember that everyone has a story. Be patient. Avoid talking to people when you haven’t had enough sleep.
5. Reflection. Admit when you are wrong and apologize. Occasionally apologizing when you weren’t wrong might be helpful too.
6. Collaboration. The power of a helpful, inspirational, global PLN is immeasurable. A trusted in-school PLN is even more valuable.
7. Communication: Talk. Explain. Ask. Listen. You can achieve a great deal via one conversation at a time.
8. Initiative. If you have an idea, run with it. Don’t wait for a better time, particular conditions or permission to try.
9. Persistence. If you believe in something, fight for it, negotiate for it, pay for it, work for it.
10. Humility. Ask for help. Consult. Get advice. If something is worthwhile, you don’t need your name on it. It’s not about who gets the credit.